Medium Trust

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 11, 2006 at 3:24 PM
Is EViL medium trust compatible?
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2006 at 6:10 PM
EViL doesn't require any special security, so I'm thinking it is, but honestly don't know for sure because it wasn't tested that way. I'll have to do some work with it that way and let you know.
Dec 13, 2006 at 3:30 AM
I'm just asking because I know that medium trust environments (such as a web site hosted by GoDaddy.com) will not allow you to perform any Reflection, I'm just curious about this because I'm not sure if reading attributes is considered an illegal form of reflection or not, there is no definitive source of what actions are illegal in a medium trust environment, they either blow up or not when you try it out.
Jan 16, 2007 at 9:23 PM
As far as I know reflection is ok in medium trust as long as your code would normally have access to the methods/properties you are trying to reflect. This basically means that you can't use reflection to get access to private fields, etc.

I have a godaddy account and I'm using Nhibernate which uses reflection to populate objects and it's ok as long as the fields are public. It kinda sucks because you have to make some stuff public that wouldn't usually be, but it works.